Assessment & Deadlines
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that all students are treated fairly and consistently in terms of deadlines for submission of work. Adhering to deadlines will ensure that all students have equal time in which to complete an assessment task and their work will be marked at the same time.
This Policy refers to summative tasks which are those recorded for student achievement purposes.
- All summative tasks must be submitted by the stated deadline unless an extension has been negotiated with the teacher at least 24 hours beforehand.
- The teacher should advise the students when the work is to be submitted either in a lesson or within 30 minutes of the end of the school day.
- Students who are legitimately and unexpectedly absent on the day that an assignment is due must submit their assignment on their first day back at school, whether they have a lesson in the subject on that day or not.
- If the deadline, or renegotiated deadline is not met, then a score of zero (0) must be recorded.
- The responsibility for seeking an extension rests with the student. A student with repeated absences on dates when work is due may be asked to provide a medical certificate for absences.
- All work should be handed to the appropriate teacher.
- Any dispute on the part of a student should be referred to the appropriate Subject Coordinator, Year Level Manager, Assistant or Deputy Principal.
- If a new deadline is negotiated, it becomes the final deadline and failure to hand in the work by the new date will attract the penalties outlined above.
- Year 8 students: For the first assessment period of the year, 20% of the maximum mark will be taken off the mark obtained, for each day late (weekends are counted as one day) for a maximum of 2 days only