Special Interest Music enrolment
Application to audition process
2021 AUDITION DETAILS
- Applications for Special Interest Music Auditions for Year 8 entry in 2021 will be accepted from Monday 13 January, 2020. All applications must be received by 4pm on Friday 1 May, 2020.
- Please complete the online Application to Audition or print and complete the Application to Audition form and return via email to the Music Centre. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. Please upload a jpeg photo no larger than 2mg. Further information regarding the audition process and your individual audition times will be sent via email in May, 2020. Please view the Special Interest Music Brochure for further details on what to expect in the audition process.
- First round auditions will be held on Friday 8 May, 2020 and successful candidates will be invited for a second round audition on Thursday 21 May or Friday 22 May, 2020. The selection of successful candidates will take approximately 1 week.
- Auditions for Years 9-11 will be held in Term 3 with a date to be advised
All students will be required to:
- undertake a musicianship assessment
- perform on their instrument/voice
- attend an interview along with their parent or caregiver
- provide a one page resume of their musical experience (references from music teachers may be included).
Any queries regarding the application to audition process can be directed to the music centre:
Phone: 8304 8431
Brochures and forms
Special Interest Music Centre (SIMC) brochure
Online Music Application
Special music student expectations