Special Interest Music enrolment
Application to audition process
- Applications for special interest music auditions for year 7 and year 8 entry in 2022 will be accepted from Monday 11 January 2021. All applications must be received by 4pm on Friday 30 April 2021.
- Please complete the online Application to Audition or print and complete the Application to Audition form and return via email to the music centre. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. Please upload a jpeg photo no larger than 2MB. Further information regarding the audition process and your individual audition times will be sent by email in May, 2021. Please view the special interest music brochure for further details on what to expect in the audition process.
- First round auditions will be held on:
Year 8 entry in 2022 - Tuesday 11 May
Year 7 entry in 2022 - Wednesday 12 May
Successful candidates will be invited for a second round audition as follows:
Year 7 entry in 2022 – Tuesday 18 May or Wednesday 19 May
Year 8 entry in 2022 – Thursday 20 May or Friday 21 May
- The selection of successful candidates will take approximately 1 week.
- Auditions for years 9-11 will be at the discretion of the Head of Music. Please contact the music centre for further information.
Please call 83048431 or email email@example.com if you have any questions about the audition process or entry into the special interest music program.
All students will be required to:
- undertake a musicianship assessment
- perform on their instrument/voice
- attend an interview along with their parent or caregiver
- provide a one page resume of their musical experience (references from music teachers may be included).
Any queries regarding the application to audition process can be directed to the music centre:
Phone: 8304 8431
Brochures and forms
Special Interest Music Centre (SIMC) brochure
Online Music Application
Special music student expectations